Institutional Relations and Data Analysis Officer (f/m) - Permanent - Madrid
REGIS-TR, the European central trade repository, was launched in 2010 as a joint venture between Clearstream, the International Central Securities Depository (ICSD) and Iberclear, the Spanish Central Securities Depository (CSD). It collects and administers details of derivative transactions reported by its clients to provide ESMA, market regulators and participants with a reporting hub for all manner of transaction reporting resulting from current and future regulatory initiatives such as EMIR, FinfraG, SFTR etc.
The Institutional Relationship Management team is responsible for the communication with Authorities and the respective reporting delivered to all European National and Supranational Authorities (NCAs).
- Coordination of Regulator’s and NCA’s requests and queries, and preparation of responses to Regulators and NCA’s.
- Data analysis, reporting system management and support to Regulators in relation to their reporting.
- Analyse regulatory legal documentation and translate them into business requirement documents with traceability between the specific legal points and requirements for procedure and system process changes in close collaboration with Regulatory Legal
- Assist in the analysis and preparation of ongoing policy topics / projects.
- Undertake regulatory policy research, amongst others related to EMIR, FinfraG and SFTR
- Prepare background analyses and briefing documents, along with presentations of Regulatory strategy.
- Participation in regulatory working groups, panel discussions, and conferences.
- Relationship Management of multiple Regulators, including ESMA and FINMA
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written. Spanish working level is also required.
- University degree in Banking / Finance, Economics / Engineering / Financial Regulations
- Three to five years of professional experience in financial markets /Data analysis /Regulatory area.
- Knowledge of the regulatory reporting and financial industry landscape, specifically regarding European regulations including EMIR, FinfraG and SFTR.
- Communication skills, and the ability to build effective and working relationships with Regulators and NCA’s.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Ability to proactively manage multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience / knowledge of Trade Repositories would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of connectivity reporting (XML, ISO 20022 message types) would be considered as an additional asset.
- Capability to be involved in several parallel topics, ability to work well under pressure / according to tight deadlines.