REGIS-TR at a glance
REGIS-TR is a European Trade Repository which enables market participants to report derivative trades as required under:
- Regulation (EU) No 648/2012 of the European Parliament and the Council of 4th July 2012 on OTC derivatives, central counterparties and trade repositories (referred to as “EMIR”),
- The Swiss Financial Market Infrastructure Act, also known under the German denomination FinfraG (Finanzmarktinfrastrukturgesetz).
REGIS-TR is located in Luxembourg and is primarily supervised by the European Securities and Markets Authority (referred to as “ESMA”) and Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (referred to as “FINMA”). Today, REGIS-TR counts approximately 1.500 individual account holding customers, both financial and non-financial, across its EMIR and FinfraG regulatory reporting services.
This way REGIS-TR is the only Trade Repository providing reporting services for all European Regulations, EMIR and FinfraG, and is thoroughly preparing for the upcoming Securities Financing Transactions Regulation (SFTR). That means, it records all contracts in a wide range of derivative financial instruments traded over the counter (OTC) and allows customers to comply early with upcoming regulations such as SFTR.
Key characteristics of REGIS-TR
- The only provider fully compliant with all European regulations
- Co-owned by two securities services infrastructures, providing services from Luxembourg
- One-stop-shop for the reporting of all types of instruments
- Delivering flexible access for all types of counterparties (financial and non-financial entities)
- Offering competitive pricing with full price transparency and predictability